Just another WordPress site
Difusión, the publishers, are proposing that we enjoy two days in Madrid at their 8th Educational Conference for Teachers of Spanish as a Foreign Language. They are organising the conference in collaboration with PROLINTER (Programme of Languages for Internationalisation) from the Universidad Politécnica in Madrid. SIELE, FEDELE and Madrid Destino are sponsoring the event and the Instituto Cervantes is taking part.
The conference will be held over two days, 3rd and 4th March 2017, at the Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros de Minas y Energía de la Universidad Politécnica, a building that has been declared a “historic and artistic monument”.
The programme for the conference is as follows:
Friday, 3rd March
- 15:00 – 15:30 Registration
- 15:30 – 15:45 Opening
- 15:45 – 16:45 Consuelo Triviño (Instituto Cervantes). From home language to universal language: Pan Hispanic Spanish in the era of globalisation.
- 16:45 – 17:00 Break
- 17:00 – 18:00 Rafael Bisquerra (University of Barcelona). The universe of emotions 18:00 – 18:15 Break
- 18:15 – 19:15 José Amenós (Universidad Complutense de Madrid). Not all close languages are the same: grammar and cognition, beyond transference.
- 19:30 – 20:30 Musical performance.
Saturday, 4th March
- 9:30 – 10:45 Simultaneous workshops (first time-slot)
10:45 – 11:15 Coffee break
- 11:15 – 12:45 José P. Ruiz Campillo (University of Columbia). A thousand imperfects, one imperfect: when grammar is image.
- 12:45 – 13:15 SIELE presentation
- 13:15 – 13:45 Difusión space
- 13:45 – 16:00 Break
- 16:15 – 18:15 Presentation of Difusión and PROLINTER (Universidad Politécnica de Madrid) prizes for 2017 for the best Spanish as a Foreign Language Teaching based on information and communication technology)
- 18:15 – 18:30 Raffle of teaching material
- 18:30 – 19:00 Presentation of certificates
The programme and all information is available on the Difusión webpage.
Once again it’s the time of year for signing up for the Foro de Profesores de ELE en Valencia. This time, the twelfth year of the conference, the event will take place on the 11th and 12th of March at the Facultat de Filología, Traducció i Comunicació.
This year’s programme is already available if you are interested and can be downloaded with this link. You can also enrol on the same webpage.
Proposals for the “practical experiences” can also be made now. The deadline for sending proposals, on the online form on the above website, is the 30th of January. The selected proposals will be shown during the conference and may be published in the conference journal.
Workshops at the conference include the following:
- Multiple doors of entry to the minds of our students, Dayanne Monica Cordeiro and Laura Pérez Sánchiz (Universitat de València y EDUCANDO Consultoría).
- Beyond paper. The use of e-portfolios in the language class, Paula Lorente Fernández (Instituto des langues vivantes, Université de Lovain, UCL, Belgium)
- The teaching of Spanish as a Foreign Language: affective and effective, Jane Arnold (Universidad de Sevilla).
- Teaching listening and understanding in Spanish as a Foreign Language, Susana Martín Leralta.
- Round table discussion: Emotional factors in student centred teaching. The discussion will be led by Ana Indira Franco (Instituto Cervantes) with the participation of Matilde Martínez (Difusión) and Eva Teba (Universidad Camilo José Cela).
Image copyright: Pixabay.